Powered by Google TranslateTranslate

Someone Knows: Fourth anniversary appeal for answers in the death of Jyle Molloy Murphy

Last update: Thursday, 26 February 2026 11:58am
Original publication: Thursday, 26 February 2026 11:58am

ACT Policing’s Major Collision Team is renewing its appeal for information on the fourth anniversary of the death of 28-year-old Queanbeyan man, Jyle Molloy Murphy.

Jyle was struck and killed by a vehicle on Pialligo Avenue about 11pm on Sunday, 27 February 2022

Police have established that Jyle was picked up by a dark‑coloured sedan on Morshead Drive shortly before 11pm. He exited that vehicle a short time later and began walking along Pialligo Avenue, where he was fatally struck. CCTV also shows a white Toyota 4WD in the area around the time of the collision.

Detective Sergeant Will Stevenson said the anniversary is a painful reminder that someone in the community still holds the answers Jyle’s family desperately needs.

“Four years is a long time to carry silence. Someone out there knows what happened to Jyle, and it’s time to come forward,” Detective Sergeant Stevenson said.

“This is not just a file on a desk. This is a young man’s life, and a family who wakes up every day without him.”

“The people in the dark‑coloured sedan, and the driver of the white 4WD — you may hold the key to finally giving this family the truth. We are urging you to speak with us. Even the smallest detail may be the missing piece we need.”

Police are again appealing directly to the occupants of the dark‑coloured sedan and the white 4WD, noting that the people in the sedan were likely the last to see Jyle alive.

Anyone who travelled eastbound on Pialligo Avenue towards Queanbeyan or saw Jyle between Russell and Pialligo on the night of 27 February 2022 is urged to contact police.

Investigators are also asking people to consider whether interstate visitors may have been on Pialligo Avenue that night following the Red Hot Summer Tour concert earlier in the evening.

Anyone who can assist police should contact Crime Stoppers via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Please quote 7045713. Information can be provided anonymously.

FAMILY STATEMENT

Our family lives with the unimaginable pain of losing our beloved Jyle in 2022. Jyle was a kind and caring 28-year-old with an unforgettable laugh, a heart full of humour, and a natural gift for making people smile. Jyle loved his family and friends deeply and our heavy hearts carry the weight of his absence each day.

It has been a long four years of searching and waiting for answers. Through it all, we hold onto hope that the truth will come to light. We will never give up until Jyle receives the justice he deserves, and our family is given the answers we deserve about what happened to him.

This ongoing search has been indescribably difficult, but we remain hopeful that someone with information will come forward. Even the smallest detail could help bring clarity, accountability, and truth.

We urge anyone who knows something to do the right thing and speak up. Jyle’s life mattered. He was more than a headline — He is a son, a brother, a partner, an uncle, a friend, and a young man who should still be here, living the life and future he had ahead of him.

We love you deeply and miss you beyond words, Jyle. We promise we will never give up.